I’ve been walking a lot. I’ve also been reading a lot as well. I read somewhere about “miracle walks”. What you do is observe/watch/listen to all the things that cross your path that please you. Here’s my list of discoveries:
- Vines growing on buildings, fences, and telephone poles.
- Sun shining through trees, making the leaves a translucent green.
- Potato bugs scurrying across the cool pavement.
- The smell of fresh cut grass and lawnmower exhaust- triggering memories of my Dad.
- Friendly hispanic banter while passing sidewalk taco stands.
- Eating my breakfast (green apple) while having the wind blow in my face.
- Listening to “1-2-3-4” by Feist on my iPod. It makes me so happy I skip like I was 5 again.
- Carrying around my new handbag Grandma sewed for me. Its like I’m toting around her love for me.